• Natural Gas should offer a formidable challenge in niche markets…
• LNG in particular has a major role to play in certain sectors, namely high horsepower, high consumption sectors.
• Globally, LNG is expected to represent about 10% of the Heavy Goods sector, but an even larger 25% of Marine Bunkers by 2035.
• …But ultimately, natural gas will be unable to unseat King Oil.
• Too many variables will limit its complete penetration.
• Vast majority of oil demand is in sectors with low fuel consumption.
• Economic incentives vary regionally. Many remain artificially set.
• Perspective matters • Displaced diesel consumption will amount to about 2% of total oil demand, but… The transportation sector will account for more than 20% of all LNG demand
• Trillion dollar impact • More than $1 trillion in decreased oil revenue over the next 20 years • Additional $565 billion in gas sales over the same period • Infrastructure build-out will consume a significant portion of those savings.
Click on the link below to download the PDFDownload PDF